Finding the right drug rehab can be confusing.
Admitting that you have a substance abuse problem is the most important step on the road to recovery. But after that, what do you do NEXT?
Even if you live in a populous area of the country, like Orange County, California, how do you find the drug recovery help that you need? Sure, in a county with major cities like Anaheim, Santa Anna, and Irvine there are dozens of facilities and programs, but how do you know for sure which one is the right fit for YOU?
Here are practical tips on researching and finding the best Orange County-area alcohol and drug rehabs. When you find the one that is most-qualified and that best meets your needs as an individual, you will maximize your chances of a successful return to sobriety.
Tip #1 – What Services Do They Offer?
Unfortunately, all alcohol and drug rehab programs in Orange County are NOT created equal. The disease of addiction manifests differently in every individual, so the treatment plan must also be specific to the person.
Look for a program that is comprehensive. This means they offer the widest range of services.
The program should also be integrated, meaning that each different service provider works in cooperation with the others, under the umbrella of a shared treatment plan.
- Intake Evaluation
- Medically-Supervised Detox
- Different Levels of Care
- Outpatient Drug Rehab
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOPs)
- Partial Hospitalization
- Medically-Supervised Inpatient Rehab
- Sober Living Homes
- Long-Term Aftercare
- Programs for Your Specific Drug of Choice
- Accommodations for your demographic
- Gender-Specific Programs
- Age-Specific Programs
- Legal Professionals
- Medical Professionals
- Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
- Anti-Craving Medications
- Anti-Anxiety Medications
- Treatment Philosophy – The BEST alcohol and drug rehabs are evidence-based and incorporate elements from a wide variety of treatments, possibly including:
- Behavioral Counseling
- Group Therapy
- Lifestyle Changes
- Relapse Prevention
- 12 Steps
- Music, Art, Or Poetry Therapy
- Pet or Equine Therapy
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Co-Occurring Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Accommodations for Special Medical or Dietary Needs
- Couples and Family Counseling
Tip #2 – Accreditation and Memberships
Any Orange County drug rehab program worthy of consideration must be licensed by the State of California, and should belong to other recognized national organizations, such as.
- The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) –Helps set industry standards.
- The National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers (NAATP) – Provides support and training to rehabilitation facilities.
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America – Works to keep US communities drug-free.
The treatment staff should also be properly certified:
- Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor Associate (CADCA)
- Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor I (CADC-I)
- Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor II (CADC-II)
- Licensed Advanced Alcohol Drug Counselor (LAADC).
Tip #3 –Does the Drug Rehab Accept Your Insurance?
This is an important “practical” consideration. Proper coverage reduces or eliminates your out-of-pocket expense.
If you have insurance, they are required by federal law to provide coverage for substance abuse recovery treatment.
Tip #4 – What Do Others Say?
Read online reviews and comments – the more, the better. Some programs will show you testimonials that they have hand-picked to make a good impression. Honest consumer reviews will give you a better idea of the quality of care.
Tip #5 – Take a Tour of the Drug Rehab Facility
Since you’re focusing on Orange County, this shouldn’t be too hard. Make an appointment to come in, meet a few staff members, and take a tour of the facility. Your personal comfort level helps determine your likelihood of successful completion.
Make the Right Choice for YOU
It takes a little homework and a little legwork, but by researching the available alcohol and drug rehab programs in Orange County, you will be able to find one that meets your needs and that can help you safely and successfully achieve lasting recovery.