Chapman House is a group of treatment centers with the culmination of over 38 years of successfully treating addiction, America’s most neglected disease. Chapman House Treatment Centers provide medication-assisted drug & alcohol detoxification as well as a full spectrum of evidence based behavioral and modern therapeutic rehabilitation programs for both adults and teenagers. Our primary goal is to instill a permanent lifestyle away from drug and alcohol dependence using the most modern and proven treatment modalities. Chapman House treatment centers have significantly raised the bar for the level of care and recovery rates unmatched by other centers throughout the United States.
What to Expect on Your First Day
When you arrive, our intake coordinator alongside our licensed physician or nursing staff will complete a comprehensive detoxification assessment. This assessment will inform the physician and the treatment team of any specific needs or current medication areas that require immediate attention.
You will be given the opportunity to get settled into your room and meet your program peers. You will be assigned a primary counselor within the first 24 hours of your arrival.
We welcome your questions prior to your admission and at any time during your time with us.
Items to Bring:
• Personal hygiene — Bring shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, and other personal items. No products that contain alcohol, such as mouthwash and hairspray, are allowed.
• Comfortable clothes — Pack four to five days’ worth of clothing.
• Comfortable walking shoes and slippers
• Hats, caps and sunglasses — Bring any protective wear you require in preparation for outdoor activities.
• Phone numbers, stamps, envelopes and addresses
• Small photos of your children and/or family members for your personal area
• Insurance card and driver’s license
• List of current medications, including dosage and instructions
• “Leave of Absence” paperwork, if indicated — We provide SDI paperwork
Items Not to Bring:
• Drug related paraphrenalia, suggestive clothing and any more jewelry other than what you wear
• Food, candy, beverages
• Vitamins, herbs, nutritional supplements, illegal substances
• Pillows and blankets, cash, jewelry, and credit cards in excess of $25 will be kept in the recovery center safe